Tonkatsu Salad Recipe
Add excitement to salad by adding yummy Pork Tonkatsu!
- 100 g pork, loin, boneless-skinless, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1/4 pack bread crumbs, Japanese
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 1/8 tsp sugar, white
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1/8 cup water
- 200 g lettuce
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. For the Pork Tonkatsu: Dredge pork slices in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix, egg, then bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown and then cut into strips.
2. For the Tonkatsu Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Toss lettuce, bell pepper, and pork tonkatsu.
4. Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise on top.
5. Toss just before serving.