Sloppy Joe Sandwich Recipe
Serve this saucy, meaty goodness on a hamburger bun with a side of potato chips for a different dinner idea!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp onion, sliced
- 250 g beef, ground
- 2/3 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 6 pc hamburger bun, halved
- 100 g lettuce
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
1. Sauté garlic, onion and ground beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown. Add carrots, bellpepper, DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. On bottom halves of bread, arrange lettuce leaves. Add 2 tablespoons sautéed mixture. Cover with another half of bread. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis sandwich is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections by keeping skin and other body parts healthy. It also provides iron needed for the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen all over the body.
Chef's TipTo refresh wilted lettuce, place the leaves in ice cold water for a few minutes to crisp them up then drain in a colander or over paper towels.
You also might be interested in
Fiesta Ginataan Recipe
Enjoy Del Monte's version of a classic Pinoy dessert.