Shanghai Kitchenomica Recipe
Try this tasty take on the popular lumpiang shanghai.
- 300 g galunggong, filleted and meat chopped
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp kinchay, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup singkamas, chopped
- 1/2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 15 pcs lumpia wrapper
- 2 cups oil, for frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Mix chopped galunggong with calamansi juice, salt, pepper, and kinchay.
2. Combine with DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce and the remaining ingredients except lumpia wrappers and oil. Mix thoroughly.
3. Wrap every tablespoon of mixture in lumpia wrapper. Fry until golden brown. Serve with DEL MONTE Ketchup.
Lusog NotesThis recipe contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body, and vitamin A that helps maintain healthy vision and skin.
Chef's TipIt is best to work with a cold mixture as fish is very perishable. While working, place the bowl of mixture over another bowl with ice to keep the mixture cold.
You also might be interested in
Red Pork Binagoongan Recipe
Try our tastier version of this classic Pinoy favorite.