Seafood Kare-Kare Recipe
Expand your kare-kare skills with this healthier seafood version.
- 500 g squid, ink sac, backbone and eyes removed, sliced
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil, for frying
- 2 cups water
- 300 g tahong
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g), dissolved in 3/4 cup tahong broth
- 100 g sitaw, sliced into 3-inch length
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 100 g puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed, sliced, soaked in water
- 250 g shrimp, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp taba ng talangka
- 100 g pechay Tagalog
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Season squid with calamansi juice and salt. Fry for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Boil tahong in water until shells are just opened, discard half shell and reserve stock.
3. Combine DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix mixture with sitaw, ginger, and drained banana heart in pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add shrimps, taba ng talangka, and tahong. Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add pechay and squid. Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.