Pork Tinola Recipe
Here's a new way to cook a Filipino favorite. It's time to try and prepare Pork Tinola!
- 2 Tbsp oil, for sautéing
- 2 Tbsp ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 500 g pork, ribs
- 3 Tbsp patis
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained
- 1 liter water or rice washing
- 1 cup sayote, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sili leaves, trimmed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté the ginger, onion, and garlic until aromatic.
2. Add the pork ribs and sauté until the pork turns white. Add the patis and the DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple. Sauté until almost dry.
3. Add the rice washing. Bring to a boil and simmer for 35 minutes.
4. Add the sayote and simmer until the sayote is cooked. Add the sili leaves. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a source of protein needed for the growth, development, and repair of the body tissues. It also has iron which is is required to make red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipThe rice washing will add a slight thickness to the soup because of the starch of the rice. Rice washing should come from the second washing of the rice.
Del Monte Pineapple Crushed 227g
You also might be interested in
Steamed Carrot Cake Recipe
No need for an oven to make this classic cake!
Cheesy Chorizo Pasta Recipe
In a rush? Try this pasta that's ready in less than 30 minutes!