Pinipig Crusted Chicken Poppers Recipe
It's double the crunch with these chicken poppers!
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet, cut into 1 x 1-inch cubes
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 200 g pinipig
- 2 cup oil, for deep frying
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Serving Plate
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Prepare oil for deep-frying. Meanwhile, dredge each chicken piece in breading mix. Shake off excess breading.
2. Dip in beaten eggs then in pinipig.
3. Once oil is hot, deep-fry per batch until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
4. To make the sauce: Combine DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix and water. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken.
Lusog NotesThis delicious Pinipig Crusted Chicken Poppers recipe is a source of protein which is essential for our immune system to defend against bacteria and viruses.
Chef's TipDo not overload your pot or pan. Putting in too much lowers the temperature and makes the final product soggy. Also, it might cause the oil to bubble over the pot. Use peanut oil, canola or vegetable oil. Fry as close to meal time as possible. Never salt food over oil as salt destroys the oil.
You also might be interested in
Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Recipe
A simple, healthy pasta for any meal time!