Pineapple Beef Rice Topping Recipe
An easy-to-prepare comfort dish with pina-level up flavor.
Categories Main Dish, Beef, Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time28 mins.
Number of Servings 1
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 650 g beef, ground
- 1 1/8 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1/8 Tbsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 2 1/4 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté garlic and ground beef until brown. Add water. Bring to a boil then simmer until meat is cooked.
2. Add carrot, brown sugar, pepper, soy sauce, salt, reserved pineapple syrup, and DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar. Simmer until carrot is cooked.
3. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, bell peppers, and cornstarch. Stir, then simmer for 5 minutes. Serve as rice topping.
Lusog NotesThis dish is rich in Vitamin A that's great for the skin and for stronger immunity. Vitamin A also supports normal growth and development.
Chef's TipTake the time to brown the meat properly. The browning gives a deeper, meatier taste to the dish.
You also might be interested in
Nutty Ketchup Dip Recipe
Go nuts with the Nutty Ketchup Dip! Try this with fried chicken.
Escabecheng Galunggong Recipe
A simple and affordable dish, perfect for family mealtimes.