QNE Ginataang Gulay at Sitaw Recipe (60g)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, pounded
- 150 g meat, sliced into strips
- 4 1/2 cups kalabasa/squash, sliced into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sitaw/yardlong beans, sliced into 3-inch lengths
- 1 cup water
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Gata Mix (60g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Heat oil in a pan then sauté onion and garlic. Add the meat and sauté until lightly browned.
2. Add kalabasa, sitaw, and water. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes..
3. Add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Gata Mix and stir. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes or until thick.
Chef's TipWhen adding the sitaw, make sure that it stays on top of the kalabasa. This steams the sitaw instead of cooking in the sauce. Then, Gently wiggle the pan to mix the ingredients instead of mixing with a spoon. This keeps the sitaw and kalabasa from overcooking and turning mushy.
Del Monte Quick n Easy Gata Mix 40g