Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
Create this mouthwatering Italian classic today.
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (411g), each piece sliced into two
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (560g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (400g), cooked as per package direction
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Coat the chicken thighs in DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix and tap off the excess. Dip in egg then coat again in DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix for a thicker and crunchier crust.
2. Fry then drain excess oil. Set aside.
3. In a separate pan, heat oil and sauté onions and tomatoes.
4. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce. Simmer and season with salt and pepper.
5. Slice the cooked chicken into large strips. Pour sauce on top of cooked DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with sliced chicken, parmesan cheese, and basil. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis Chicken Parmigiana recipe is high in protein needed for growth and development. It is also a source of vitamin A that helps form and maintain healthy skin, teeth, bones and soft tissues.
Chef's TipOil that is too hot will burn the breading instantly and the meat will still be raw, while oil that is still cold will make it oily and soggy. To check if the oil is ready, dip a wooden spoon. Small bubbles should appear on the surface of the spoon. The oil should sizzle right away. Smoking oil is too hot. The oil should reach half of the height of the item being fried.
You also might be interested in
Sinuglaw with a Citrus Pinyatwist Recipe
Pork meets seafood in this classic Pinoy dish!