Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Enjoy a healthy, sauce-sarap take on a kiddie favorite!
- 2/3 tsp oil
- 1/3 tsp onion, red, minced
- 2 2/3 Tbsp celery, minced
- 2 2/3 Tbsp carrot, minced
- 1/3 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 330 g pork, ground
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, Japanese
- 1 pc egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp kinchay, finely minced
- 16 pc lumpia wrapper
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Sauce Pot
Cooking Skills Needed
- Sauté onion, celery, and carrot in oil for 7 minutes or until tender. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to cool and add to ground pork with bread crumbs, egg, and kinchay. Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap every 1 1/2 tablespoons of pork mixture in lumpia wrapper. Fry until golden brown.
- Cook the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix until thick.
Lusog NotesThree rolls of this Lumpiang Shanghai provide a source of iron and vitamin A. Iron is needed for normal metabolism and in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen in the body. On the other hand, vitamin A promotes healthy skin and normal vision.
Chef's TipAlways work with cold meat to avoid spoilage. Make sure the ingredients are cold then do not overmix which will heat up the meat.
You also might be interested in
Fruity Pastillas Recipe
We've given a fruity twist to this classic Pinoy treat.