Longganisa Rice Recipe
Transform breakfast leftovers to this fried rice!
Categories Rice, Pork, Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time23 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 250 g longganisa, garlic, removed from casing
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- - salt, to taste
- 5 cups rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp onion, green, sliced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté longganisa until oil is extracted. Remove excess oil. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, bell peppers, and salt. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add rice. Blend well. Top with green onions.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a good source of protein. Protein is important for the growth, development and repair of body tissues.
Chef's TipThe best type longganisa to use for this recipe is garlic longganisa because it goes well with the sauce. Hamonado type or the sweet type of longganisa will be too strongly flavored for this dish.
You also might be interested in
Pork Tonkatsu Recipe
Enjoy a Japanese meal at home with this delicious pork tonkatsu recipe. Serve on top of a steaming bowl of rice.