Frozen Fruit Cake Salad Recipe
End the celebration on a sweet note with this frozen fruity dessert.
- 2/3 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 2 pcs egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 can condensed milk (300ml)
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 pcs broas
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. TO MAKE THE CUSTARD: In a bowl, combine half of milk, half of sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Stir well.
2. In a pot, simmer the other half of milk, water, other half of sugar, and margarine until bubbles start appearing on the sides of the pot. Pour over bowl of egg yolk mixture then stir.
3. Place strainer over the same pot and pour over the combined mixture. Remove strainer and cook custard over low heat until mixture starts to thicken. Turn off heat and continue stirring. Set aside.
4. TO MAKE THE FRUIT MIXTURE: In a bowl, combine DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside in the chiller.
5. Using an 8 x 12-inch pan, arrange half of broas to cover the bottom of the pan. Drizzle with fruit cocktail syrup. Set aside.
6. Combine fruit mixture and custard. Pour half of it over prepared broas and layer another set of broas on top of mixture. Pour remaining mixture on top. Cover with clingwrap and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
Lusog NotesThis dessert is a source of Vitamin B1 needed to convert food into energy and is needed for nervous system and muscle functions.
Chef's TipStraining the custard mixture removes any bits from the egg as well as any lumps the custard may have while being heated.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g
You also might be interested in
Mango Yoghurt Parfait Recipe
This light, fruity dessert is a great end to any meal.
Try this sauce-sarap soup from in Visayas and Mindanao
Sweet And Sour Tofu Fish Recipe
Sweet and Sour Fish is made extra-special with this recipe.
Pwede pa post din ng videos on procedure