Fish Callos Recipe
Here's a healthier version of a classic Spanish dish!
Categories Main Dish, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time35 mins.
Number of Servings 8
- 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 500 g labahita fillet
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 100 g chorizo pamplona, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup carrot, cut into 1/2 x 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup garbanzos
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
1. Marinate fish with calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Dredge with flour then deep fry. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, chorizo, carrots and garbanzos. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water then simmer until vegetables are almost cooked. Add fish and bell pepper. Cook until bell pepper is tender.
Lusog NotesThis Fish Callos dish is a source of vitamin A which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision, and niacin that keeps the digestive and nervous systems healthy.
Chef's TipUse fish fillet that is firm so that it can hold nicely in the dish and not fall apart. The best fish fillets for this recipe are labahita and dorado.
You also might be interested in
Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe
Try these fruit roll-ups for your next snack. Keep some stored in the refrigerator for your next craving.
Fruity Caramel Pie Recipe
Amaze your friends and family with this sophisticated yet easy-to-make dessert!