Emperor's Beef Brisket Recipe
Enjoy a savory lunch with this delicious beef recipe. Serve it on top of hot rice and you have instant comfort food.
Categories Main Dish, Beef & Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time2 hrs. and 16 mins.
Number of Servings 7
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn
- 750 g beef, brisket, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 4 cup water
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté onions, garlic, laurel, and peppercorns in oil. Add beef and cook until brown.
2. Add oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 to 2 hours or until beef is tender.
3. Add in DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits with syrup and cook for 5 more minutes.
Lusog NotesThis Emperor's Beef Brisket recipe is high in protein and vitamin C. Protein is important for growth and development while vitamin C helps fight common infections and aids in wound healing.
Chef's TipBrisket is a tough part of meat. Cook over low heat so that the "litid" becomes tender.
You also might be interested in
Seafood Kare-Kare Recipe
Expand your kare-kare skills with this healthier seafood version.