Classic Style Carbonara Recipe
Want to learn how to make great carbonara? Here's an easy recipe!
- 100 g bacon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce (200g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (175g), cooked (reserve 1/4 cup pasta broth)
- 3 Tbsp cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Cook bacon for 10 minutes or until brown and crunchy. Set aside bacon.
2. In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add butter, reserved pasta water and DEL MONTE Carbonara Pasta Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, with continuous stirring.
3. Scoop a portion of sauce into the egg yolk and mix. Return to sauce and turn off the heat. Add cooked pasta, bacon, cheese and parsley.
Lusog NotesThis Pasta Carbonara dish contains protein which is essential for the growth, maintenance, and repair of body tissues.
Chef's TipThe method of adding a portion of hot liquid into the eggs before adding it all into the pot is called tempering or slowly raising the temperature of the eggs so that it does not curdle or turn into scrambled eggs.
You also might be interested in
Kinulob na Manok Recipe
Try a heartier version of this traditional chicken dish.