Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
Bring this salad to your next potluck or get-together!
- 300 g chicken, breast fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 1 kg marble potato, washed very well
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g bacon, sliced
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, red, partially roasted and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, yellow, partially roasted and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup celery, stringed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 2 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup ripe mango purée
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- - romaine lettuce
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Boil chicken in reserved pineapple syrup with salt until cooked. Drain then slice. Reserve stock.
2. Using reserved stock, add water, potatoes, and salt. Boil potatoes until tender. Drain; cut each piece into two. Set aside.
3. Sauté bacon until crispy. Drain and crumble. Set aside.
4. To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a covered jar. Shake until well blended.
5. Combine all ingredients for salad (except bacon and lettuce). Pour dressing and toss. Chill. Top with bacon just before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Lusog NotesThis salad is a source of vitamin C that helps fight common infections and aids in wound healing.
Chef's TipDoneness of the potato can be tested by piercing it with a fork. The potato is cooked if the fork slides in easily.
You also might be interested in
Mango Glazed Wings Recipe
Give your favorite chicken wings a sweet, tropical twist!