Chicken Potato Croquettes Recipe
Croquettes make a yummy appetizer or snack. If you don’t want to cook it all right away, you may store them in the freezer and thaw thoroughly before frying.
- 2 1/4 kgs potato
- 5 pcs egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 500 g chicken, ground
- 450 g tokwa, mashed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (500g)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tsp kinchay, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- oil, for deep frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Boil potatoes until tender. Peel and mash. Mix with egg yolks. Set aside in a covered container.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, chicken, and tokwa. Add salt, pepper, DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce, and soy sauce. Cook for 30 minutes or until dry. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Mix with kinchay
3. Form each tablespoon of meat mixture into balls. Cover with 2 tablespoon mashed potato. Form into croquettes. Dip in egg white and roll in bread crumbs. Repeat the process.
4. Deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Best served with DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup.
Lusog NotesThis kid-friendly Chicken Potato Croquettes recipe has iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body and vitamin C that helps in wound healing.
Chef's TipDo not overcrowd the pan when deep frying because the temperature of the oil will drop, resulting in a soggy and oily croquette.
You also might be interested in
Corned Beef Sticks Recipe
A quick version of your favorite lumpia!