Chicken Pine Curry Recipe
Your favorite chicken curry with pineapple goodness.
- 1 kg chicken, thigh and leg
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup ginger, sliced
- 2/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup patis
- 3 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp milk,evaporated
- 3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- patis, to taste
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Marinate chicken in curry powder for 15 minutes in the chiller.
2. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onion in oil. Add chicken and patis. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the reserved pineapple syrup and coconut milk. Boil then allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
3. Add evaporated milk and potatoes. Allow to boil then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add bell pepper, DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks and patis to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis dish is high in iron which is needed for normal metabolism. It is also a source of vitamin C that helps in wound healing and in keeping gums healthy.
Chef's TipAfter adding the patis, make sure to wait until the patis and liquid from the chicken meat have evaporated before adding the pineapple syrup. This helps in removing the "lansa" from the chicken.
Del Monte Pineapple Chunks 200g