Chicken Adobo sa Gata Recipe
Try this regional take on the usual chicken adobo!
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time30 mins.
Number of Servings 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn, black
- 2 Tbsp ginger, crushed
- 500 g chicken, whole, cut up
- 2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp patis
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g)
- 1/4 cup sili leaves, optional
Cooking Tools Needed
Sauté garlic, onions, peppercorn, ginger, and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, patis, and laurel. Simmer without cover for 5 minutes.
- Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sili leaves, then serve.
Lusog NotesThis Del Monte Kitchenomics take on this regional adobo dish is a definitely must-try!
Chef's TipAfter adding the Del Monte Red Cane Vinegar, patis, and laurel, allow the liquid to evaporate until almost dry. At this point, the vinegar and patis will have already evaporated, resulting in a concentrated flavor.
You also might be interested in
Sweet and Sour Tilapia Recipe
Tired of fried fish? Level-up with this delicious recipe.
Fruit and Cream Crepes Recipe
These fruity crepes are the perfect end to any meal.