Cassava Yema Balls Recipe
This Pinoy sweet is great for snacks or dessert!
- 3/4 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- 3 pc egg yolk
- 2 cup cassava, grated (do not squeeze)
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained
- 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk, powdered
Cooking Tools Needed
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Cook condensed milk and egg yolks over low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until thick. Set aside.
2. Mix grated cassava, DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, evaporated milk, water, and vanilla. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes with continuous stirring or until the mixture turns transparent. Set aside.
3. Add egg yolk mixture. Cook for another 15 minutes or until slightly dry, let cool. Shape into 1/2 tablespoon balls. Coat yema balls in powdered milk. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis Cassava Yema Balls recipe dessert is a source of calcium that makes bones and teeth strong, and of vitamin C that helps fight common infections.
Chef's TipCassava and condensed milk burn easily. To avoid burning this dessert use a thick-bottomed pot or kawali, continuously stir the mixture and scrape the bottom and sides of the pan to avoid scorching.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g
You also might be interested in
Shrimp Salad with Pineapples Recipe
Create this tasty salad that has Filipino flair and fruity twist.