Baked Mac Mexicana Recipe
Transform mealtime into a fiesta with this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 250 g beef, ground
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup red kidney beans, canned, drained
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, canned
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 pack DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (400g), cooked
- 1 cup melting cheese, coarsely grated
Cooking Tools Needed
- 12" x 8" Rectangular Pan
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and beef. Cook for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, beans, corn, and chili powder. Boil then turn down heat. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Mix half of sauce, and DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni tossed in half cup of grated cheese.
3. Pour into 12 x 8-inch rectangular pan. Top with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis pasta recipe is a good source of protein that is necessary for growth and development. Protein is also needed for the maintenance and repair of body tissues.
Chef's TipTo use dried red kidney beans, soak the beans overnight then cook in unsalted water for 45 minutes to an hour or until the beans are tender.
You also might be interested in
Thai Pineapple Cucumber Salad Recipe
Now you can recreate this Thai appetizer at home.