Baked Longganisa Casserole Recipe
Try this easy Pinoy potluck recipe from Chef JP Anglo.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack longganisa, hamonado (370g)
- 1/4 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, green, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Tomato Paste (150g)
- 1 1/2 pouches DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 pcs lemongrass, pounded and tied
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 tsp sugar, white
- 3 pcs egg
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups potato, cut into chunks, fried
- 4 leaves arugula
- 1 pc lemon, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black, cracked
- 8 pcs pandesal
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Heat the olive oil and sear the pieces of longganisa. Once cooked, reserve 3 pieces for the topping then slice the remaining longganisa into chunks. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté the onions until it starts to caramelize then add the garlic. Add half of the red and green bell peppers then mix in the tomatoes.
3. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add the cumin, paprika, coriander, and chili flakes.
4. Add the DEL MONTE Tomato Paste then cook until lightly toasted then add the DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to make sure all the toasted bits are incorporated into the sauce.
5. Add the lemongrass and water then season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Top the dish with the remaining red and green bell pepper, longganisa, egg, and parmesan cheese. Bake at a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200°C.
7. Garnish the dish with potato, arugula, lemon wedges, and freshly cracked pepper.
8. Serve with pan de sal.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is rich in iron and vitamin A. Iron is essential for the functioning of enzymes that remove unwanted substances in the body while vitamin A helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision.
Chef's TipYou may also use garlic longganisa for a less sweet casserole.
You also might be interested in
Creamy Bolognese Recipe
Cook up this Italian classic the easy, Del Monte way.