Adobong Liempo Recipe
Enjoy this twist on a classic Filipino recipe. This dish tastes even better the next day!
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Pineapple, Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time4 hrs. and 23 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 750 g pork, liempo, cut into serving portions or 2 x 2-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar (47cl)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
Cooking Tools Needed
- Sauce Pan
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and marinate meat for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Drain then reserve marinade. Pan-grill or charcoal-grill meat until done.
2. To make the adobo sauce, pour reserved marinade in a pan and simmer for 8 minutes. Pour over liempo or serve on the side.
Lusog NotesThis local dish contains protein that is essential for growth and development, and niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Chef's TipMarinating the meat in the acid from the pineapple and vinegar tenderizes the meat.
You also might be interested in
Chicken Carrot Spaghetti Recipe
Chicken and grated carrots add texture to this dish.
Cashew Crusted Fish with Sautéed Spinach Recipe
They will go nuts for this fabulous fish recipe!