An egg-citing recipe that's great for any time of the day!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/2 tsp oregano, ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 can garbanzos (450g), drained
- 6 pcs egg
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, trimmed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Rubber Spatula
1. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and season with oregano, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Add water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add garbanzos then mix and simmer.
3. Make 6 wells or pockets in the mixture and pour one egg for each pocket. Bring to a low heat then cover and simmer until eggs are set.
4. Top with parsley and cilantro. Serve.