Creamy and Cheesy Pork Menudo Recipe
Find out our sauce-sarap twist to the classic Menudo!
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time40 mins.
Serving Size 4
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 3/4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 400 g pork, kasim, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup carrot, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup melting cheese
- 1/8 Tbsp salt
- 1/8 Tbsp pepper, black
- 1/3 cup green peas
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add the pork and cook until pale brown in color and liquid is reduced.
- Add soy sauce, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, bay leaf, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add all-purpose cream and melting cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add green peas. Serve.