Pineapple Afritada Recipe
Create this appetizing afritada recipe your family will surely adore.
Categories Category/kitchenomics/Recipes,Category/kitchenomics/Recipes/Main Dish,Category/kitchenomics/Recipes/Chicken
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time45 mins.
Serving Size 10
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 kg chicken, parts, cut up
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup Baguio beans, sliced into 2 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (560g), drained, reserve syrup
- 3 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken. Add reserved pineapple syrup, salt, and pepper. Simmer while covered for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes and carrot. Boil then allow to simmer while covered for 10 minutes. Add green peas, Baguio beans, bell peppers, DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.