Adobo sa Gata Paella Recipe
Three favorites in one dish! What's not to like?
- 1 Tbsp atsuete seeds
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 250 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 pc chorizo pamplona, sliced into 1/4-inch thick diagonally
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup rice, long grain, washed
- - salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g), dissolved in 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp green peas
- 1 pc egg (optional), hard boiled then sliced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
1. Heat oil then add the atsuete seeds. When the oil starts to bubble and the oil turns yellow orange, turn off the heat and allow the atsuete to steep for 10 minutes. Drain. Reserve oil.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a small paellera pan or frying pan, pour atsuete oil. Fry the chorizo and the seasoned chicken until slightly brown, remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté onion, garlic and ginger. When aromatic, add rice and sauté until the rice is coated well with oil and slightly toasted. Season with salt, add vinegar and simmer until slightly dry.
4. Stir in the DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Gata mixture and boil uncovered. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove cover and add the chicken pieces, chorizo, bell pepper, and green peas and simmer covered for 30 - 45 minutes. Garnish with boiled egg, if desired.