Quick Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
In a rush? This easy recipe is for you!
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk, evaporated
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 250 g chicken, breast, deboned and cut into strips
- 1 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas, cooked
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- - salt, to taste
- - pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (175g), cooked
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. WHITE SAUCE: Melt margarine. Stir in flour and mix until it forms into a paste. Stir in milk until blended. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken. Add carrots, green peas, water, DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to boil then turn down heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add white sauce and cheese. Pour over or mix with DEL MONTE Spaghetti. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
Lusog NotesThis dish is rich in protein and vitamin A where protein is important for growth and development, while vitamin A promotes good vision and healthy skin. It is also a good source of vitamin B1 that helps the body convert food to energy.
Chef's TipThe mixture of flour and butter/margarine is called a "roux". It acts as the thickening agent for the white sauce.
You also might be interested in
Classic Caldereta Recipe
Loved by everybody, this classic recipe is definitely a must-try!
Sriracha Glazed Fish Recipe
A perfect combination of spicy, sweet and savory.