Laing Kitchenomics Recipe
Surprise your family with this Quick 'n Easy take on a Bicolano classic.
- 660 g pechay tagalog, stems cut off and set aside
- 2 pc buko, meat shredded, reserve buko water
- 330 g pork, liempo, cut into thin strips
- 3 3/4 cup squash, finely grated
- 3 1/3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 pc siling labuyo, crushed
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- - salt, to taste
Cooking Tools Needed
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Cover bottom of casserole with pechay stems. Set aside.
2. Combine the next 5 ingredients thoroughly. Add 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix and salt. Wrap every 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture in pechay leaves. Arrange on top of pechay stems. Add excess pechay leaves and siling labuyo.
3. Dissolve remaining DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix in buko water. Combine with DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce. Add vegetables. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt to taste. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.