Fish Guisado with Pineapple Recipe
Give your fish dish a tasty and healthy twist with some pineapples!
- 8 pc tilapia, cleaned
- 2 tsp calamansi juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, white
- 3 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (432g)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp green onions, cut into 2-inch long strips
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Season fish with calamansi juice, salt, and pepper. Pat dry and thinly coat the fish with flour. Fry the fish until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger for 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add fish, soy sauce, DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks with syrup, and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with green onions.
Lusog NotesFish is a good source of protein that helps repair body tissues. This dish also contains niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Chef's TipThinly coat the fish with flour to keep it from sticking to the pan as you fry. It also will give a thin crispy crust which will keep it from getting soggy in the sauce later on.
Del Monte Pineapple Chunks 432g