Fiesta Mandarin Cheesecake Recipe
Not your usual cheesecake but a definite must-try!
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Mandarin Orange Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 6 Tbsp butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup orange concentrate
- 1/4 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- 2 packs all-purpose cream (250ml), chilled and whipped
Cooking Tools Needed
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Pyrex Dish
- Rubber Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. For Topping: Simmer reserved fruit cocktail syrup with the dissolved cornstarch until thick. Let it cool then add the drained DEL MONTE Fiesta Mandarin Orange Fruit Cocktail. Set aside.
2. For Graham Crust: In a bowl, mix crushed graham, sugar, and melted butter until well incorporated. Press evenly into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch glass dish or pan. Set aside.
3. For the Cheesecake: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, orange concentrate, and condensed milk until well incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared crust and smooth it out evenly. Set aside and chill. When firm, top with the prepared Fiesta Mandarin topping.
Chef's TipBe sure to add the drained fruits when the syrup has already thickened. This is to avoid cooking the fruits for a long time which will make the fruits shrink and the syrup watery. Keep the fruits plump by adding them when the syrup has thickened then turn off the heat and allow the topping to cool.
You also might be interested in
Fruit Cocktail Float ni Elvinz Recipe
Ka-Kitchenomics Elvinz shares a festive dessert he enjoys making with his siblings.