Classic Menudo with Raisins Recipe
Create this beloved classic the no-fuss way with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 200 g pork pigue, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 100 g pork liver, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup garbanzos, cooked
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, green, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into cubes
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork for 3 minutes. Add water, laurel, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
2. Add liver, potato, carrot, garbanzos, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add raisins and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Lusog NotesVitamin A is important for normal vision and healthy skin as well as for protection from infections. This dish is high in vitamin A and it is also a source of iron that is needed for normal metabolism.
Chef's TipBe sure to cut the vegetables into uniformly sized pieces so that they cook the same time.
You also might be interested in
Classic Pinoy Fiesta Fruit Salad Recipe
Love this classic favorite fruit salad recipe!