Chicken Pochero Recipe
A warm and hearty dish that the whole family will love coming home to.
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Tomato Sauce, Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 10 mins.
Number of Servings 12
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 pc chicken, whole (approximately 1-1.3 kg), cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sweet potato/kamote, cut into quarters
- 1 2/3 cup banana, saba, cut diagonally
- 3/4 cup green beans, sliced into 2
- 1 1/2 can pork and beans (230g)
- 3/4 cup pechay Tagalog
Cooking Tools Needed
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Slightly brown the chicken on all sides. Add patis, cook until dry.
- Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once chicken is cooked, add kamote and simmer over medium heat until kamote is tender.
- Add saba, green beans and pork and beans then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add stalks of pechay, once cooked, add pechay leaves and turn off heat.