Baked Tahong Recipe
Create this popular restaurant favorite at home.
Categories Appetizer, Seafood, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time20 mins.
Number of Servings 8
- 1 1/2 kg tahong, boiled and half shell removed
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup melting cheese, coarsley grated
Cooking Tools Needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange tahong in a tray. Spread with DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce. Mix all of the toppings in a bowl and top each tahong with the mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Lusog NotesThis Baked Tahong dish is high in calcium, which is not only important for bone health but also for blood clotting. It is also rich in vitamin A that supports normal growth.
Chef's TipCook mussels only until the shells open. Discard shells that did not open after boiling. Closed shells mean that the mussels are dead and eating them may cause food poisoning.
You also might be interested in
QNE Adobo sa Gata at Piña Recipe
A Pinoy favorite made with a touch of Bicolano flavor.