Sinigang Fried Rice Recipe
Transform leftover Red Sinigang to this tasty dish!
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 200 g pork, liempo
- 1/4 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 cup radish, sliced diagonally
- 1 pc siling haba
- 1 pc okra, each piece cut into two
- 2 cups kangkong
- 1/3 cup sinigang mix
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 4 cups rice, cooked or day-old
- 2 Tbsp sinigang mix
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cup
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine water, onion, pork, patis, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Allow to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
2. Add radish and sili. Simmer until radish is almost cooked. Add okra and allow to simmer until okra is cooked.
3. Add kangkong and sinigang mix powder. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until kangkong is wilted.
4. Heat pan with oil. Sauté garlic until light brown, add in pork then sauté until brown. Add in rice, sauté for 2 minutes..
5. Add other vegetables from sinigang and sinigang mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lusog NotesThis delectable dish is rich in Vitamin A, which is great for keeping skin healthy and for boosting immunity.
Chef's TipDay old rice is perfect for fried rice. The rice has already dried a bit and will absorb more flavor without turning soggy unlike freshly cooked rice.
You also might be interested in
Roast Chicken in Tomato Marinade Recipe
A classic recipe made more flavorful with Del Monte Tomato Sauce