Mazapan De Fruit Cocktail Recipe
Looking for a sweet gift idea? Try this recipe!
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained
- 1/3 cup sugar, white
- 1/2 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, roasted and chopped
Cooking Tools Needed
- Sauce Pot
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a non-stick pan, put desiccated coconut. Cook over low heat with continuous stirring for 8 minutes or until light brown.
2. Add DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, cook over medium heat with continuous stirring until dry. Add sugar. Continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes. Set aside.
3. Combine milk and egg yolk. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat for 5 minutes or until thick.
4. Add coconut-fruit mixture, then add cashew nuts. Cook, stirring continuously for another 30 minutes or until dry (mixture is pulling away from the pan).
5. Transfer to greased tray/container (8 x 12-inch) and flatten to cover entire bottom.
6. While still warm, cut into 24 bars (3.5 cm x 7.5 cm). Transfer to a plate and let cool. Wrap in cut-out wax paper then in cellophane.
Lusog NotesThis Mazapan De Fruit Cocktail recipe is a source of vitamin C that helps fight common infections and aids in wound healing. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in enhancing iron absorption in the body.
Chef's TipMake sure to cook the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and sugar mixture until dry, as the moisture from the fruits will water down the mixture and will make the finished product soggy.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 836g