Hearty Lumpia Recipe
Try this healthy, budget-friendly lumpia recipe made tasty with rich tomato sauce.
Categories Main Dish, Vegetable, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time20 min.
Cooking Time35 mins.
Number of Servings 1
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 200 g pork, ground
- 500 g puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed then finely chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 15 pcs lumpia wrapper
- 2 cups oil, for deep frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
- Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and banana heart in oil. Cook for 10 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until almost dry.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture on each lumpia wrapper. Roll and seal edges with water. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve.
Lusog NotesTwo servings of this hearty dish contains iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipBanana hearts turn a dark color when exposed to air. To keep this from happening, soak the chopped banana hearts in water with a squeeze of calamansi. Drain well just before using.
You also might be interested in
Pork Eggplant Pine Dish Recipe
A tangy, savory pork and eggplant delight.
Chicken Burger A La Teriyaki Recipe
Try this healthier burger patty that's full of flavor!