Fiesta Suman Recipe
A favorite native delicacy just got a fruity twist!
- - banana leaves
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained
- 2 pcs buko, meat shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, brown
- 1 kg cassava, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Pass banana leaves over flame until slightly wilted. Cut into 7 x 10-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail selections and buko with 1/2 cup of brown sugar for 10 minutes. Remove from flame. Combine with cassava, vanilla and remaining brown sugar. Mix well.
3. Measure every 1/4 cup of cassava mixture and place on one end of cut out banana leaf. Roll then fold ends to seal. Steam for 35 minutes.
Lusog Notes"This recipe provides vitamin C that not only helps resist infections and strengthen blood vessels, but also helps in the development of healthy gums and teeth.
Chef's TipHeating the banana leaves makes them pliable and easy to work with so you can fold and roll the suman. It also gives a nice aroma to the dessert.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 836g