DEL MONTE Red Embutido Recipe
A Filipino classic done the Del Monte way.
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 12 mins.
Number of Servings 10
- 2 pcs egg
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 cup hotdog, diced
- 400 g pork, ground
- 3/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g), drained
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, diced
- 1 cup gabi, coarsely grated
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp liver spread
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Divide mixture for three rolls.
- Wrap each portion of meat mixture in aluminum foil then roll. Twist both edges to seal. Steam for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Chill, if desired, before slicing and serving.
Lusog NotesThis classic dish is high in vitamin A that helps protect one from infections and also promotes growth and development.
Chef's TipAdding grated gabi into your embutido mixture extends the meat and ensures that the rolls stay moist.
You also might be interested in
Ham-Eggplant Roll Ups Recipe
Transform leftover ham into a tasty snack!
Baked Squid Spaghetti Recipe
Your next party must-have dish with a seafood twist.