Serve this delicious Italian dish as appetizer or snack.
Categories Appetizer, Beef, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time25 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 200 g beef, ground
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Style Pizza Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 6 slices melting cheese, each cut into 4 squares
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Oven Toaster
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté onion and beef for 5 minutes. Add DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Italian Pizza Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook with continuous stirring for 5 minutes or until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Spread cream cheese on each slice of bread, then spread 1-2 Tbsp sautéed filling. Top with bell pepper and cheese. Toast or bake until cheese melts.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a source of calcium which is essential for bone health and is important in nerve transmission.
Chef's TipBefore spreading, whip or cream the cream cheese that has been sitting at room temperature for 30 minutes. Creaming incorporates air into the cheese, making it easier to spread.
You also might be interested in
Easy Tomato Asado Recipe
Cook this easy, heartwarming dish on busy weeknights.
This classic Pinoy favorite is made more sauce-sarap!