Bangus A La Pobre with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Make the humble bangus more exciting with this recipe!
- 800 g bangus, boneless, cut into serving portions
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsp reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/3 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wansuy, chopped
- - salt, to taste
- - pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped and fried until golden brown
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine ingredients for marinade. Marinate bangus for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Sprinkle bangus with cornstarch. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Simmer remaining marinade uncovered for 5 minutes or until thick. Strain. Pour sauce over fried bangus.
4. Salsa: Mix all ingredients including remaining pineapple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
5. Top the bangus with fried garlic. Serve with salsa on the side.